Welcome to the official forum of Whyzdom - Symphonic Metal with Orchestra and Choir

It is currently Tue 19 Mar 2024 07:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next
 Post subject: Re: Le chouette truc du moment
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2012 12:31 

Vynce Leff wrote:
Oui, mais l'Autriche, c'est pas tout près quand même :D .
En tous les cas elle est très sympa et elle chante très bien.

Veinard ;)

L'Autriche c'est loin.....quand on veut on peut, épicétou :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 01:10 

Location: Entre Versailles (cher ami...) et Trappes (wesh gros !)
Pour avoir vu Elis en live, Sandra ne m'avait pas impressionnée.

Et, quite à choisir, je préférerai une chanteuses française, la communication (au sein du groupe comme avec les fans) serait plus simple qu'avec un non-francophone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 09:48 

Bah nationality should only be an issue in regards to logistics, most the songs of Whyzdom appear to be in English anyway.

Of course I personally have some opinion on that being an American in a French band and all, and I guess I would find it unfair if I was instantly disliked just because I was not French (which is a possibility).

What matters most is the ability to work with the band (distance etc), communicate (and if there is a common language it should be fine) and a voice/skill that is up to par with what the band is looking for. If the band is happy with that person, that should be good enough.

(Yes I realize the irony of what I say while I write in English, but I just can't write in French at all :/)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 11:07 

Non, on n'a aucun souci de communication en anglais.

En revanche, c'est pas super pratique, donc il faut qu'on ait un sacré putain de coup de coeur pour faire fi de la distance...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 11:59 

Anex wrote:
I guess I would find it unfair if I was instantly disliked just because I was not French (which is a possibility)
I'm not saying that not being french should disqualify the potential singers, I'm saying that if there's an hesitation between two singers of equal talent and motivation, one being french and one being a foreigner, I'd hire the french...[

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 18:26 

Stargazer wrote:
Anex wrote:
I guess I would find it unfair if I was instantly disliked just because I was not French (which is a possibility)
I'm not saying that not being french should disqualify the potential singers, I'm saying that if there's an hesitation between two singers of equal talent and motivation, one being french and one being a foreigner, I'd hire the french...[

yes, but because they are French or because of the location? ;P I don't know I still find it nationalist (if you put location/logistics aside).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 04:23 

Logistic is one of the reason. Communication is the other :
1) Even if everyone in the band speaks english, I don't think every fan does. Communications with the fans is very important for small bands and the lead singer MUST be on first line on this.
2) Even if everyone in the band speaks english, when the guys will be chatting (for instance on the road to a gig) they will do it in french. So, the singer won't be able to participate. So she will be kinda put aside...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 08:02 

2) No, when we were with Lisa, we did chat in English. No problem for us ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 11:27 

When you see a band like Epica, or Tarja or Within Temptation do you feel disconnected from them because they speak in English? Are you not having a good time because of it?

I think it will be ok :p but maybe Whyzdom will find a French singer and it won't be a problem. Anyway most bands make efforts to learn words/phrases in the language of where they play, so I don't even think it an issue.

Me personally whenever we (well just me, the band has played before.. I'm the new singer) have will have our first show (mind you we are small, so very very local) I will do my best to speak some French.. it will be barbaric, but I'm gonna try because I'm in France and in a French band. Not to say that English may not spontaneously leave my mouth, but I really just don't see it as a problem.

The guys in my band don't speak English all that well either (though they improve everyday). We had to make gestures to communicate with each other sometimes.. when I met one of the guitarists and he told me his name, I thought he was saying something to me and I said "I don't know this word".. to which he replied "it's my name.." (oh embarrassing!) I often get frustrated because I can't properly express myself in French, but we manage.

After having spoken with Vynce already in person, I really DONT worry about English with Whyzdom :P

Anyway in the end all that matters is her voice and commitment to Whyzdom (I will say again). I think the audience will embrace whomever suits the role. :) Fans will forgive someone who makes efforts to speak in French (I hope). Though it is true I do find some French people to be a little snobby on the level of "oh they aren't French" and I will admit this discussion isn't helping any. I actually saw a French band play with Tarja live and the singer was SO RUDE to all the non-French fans (including myself), it works both ways.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 28 Feb 2012 20:25 

Je joue Dancing With Lucifer tranquillement à la maison pour préparer la prochaine répet avec notre nouvelle chanteuse. J'ai hâte :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 3 Mar 2012 13:20 

Bon...chouette truc du moment pour moi : j'ai encore fait évoluer mon installation hifi et je suis en passe de basculer en "tout dématérialisé", avec un NAS sur lequel je finis de ripper mes CD (y'en a...un certain nombre :mrgreen: ), une solution Sonos, pilotée par iPad, le tout sur un DAC externe qui finit sur ce fabuleux ampli qu'est mon "petit nouveau" depuis décembre : un Accuphase .
Toute ma CDthèque au bout des doigts :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:32 

Tu perds pas en qualité audio en rippant ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 8 Mar 2012 12:45 

non, à deux conditions :
- utiliser un bon soft (chez les audiophiles, Exact Audio Copy et dBPowerAmp font l'unanimité, et en plus ils gèrent basiquement les tags). Perso j'ai opté pour dBPowerAmp
- ripper bien évidemment dans un format lossless, donc en FLAC.
Initialement je voulais tout simplement copier mes CD en les laissant en WAV (avec plus de 5 To de stockage, j'ai la place...) mais le gros problème, c'est que le WAV ne peut pas gérer les tags.
Et le tag, c'est la base indispensable d'une bonne indexation des CD, donc d'une facilité d'utilisation et de recherche.
Je suis donc parti sur du FLAC. DBPoweramp permet cependant le réglage d'un paramètre : la "compression" du FLAC. En fait ce n'est pas une compression au sens auditif du terme, mais strictement au sens informatique (Un peu comme quand tu règles le taux de compression à la création d'un .zip ou d'un .rar).
Plus un FLAC sera compressé, moins il tiendra de place sur le DD, mais plus le processeur du lecteur réseau (ou du PC) sera sollicité à la lecture. Par contre, cela impose d'avoir un réseau local nickel en terme de débit.

Pour la différence FLAC /CD d'origine, et afin de faire comme St Thomas (mais avec les oreilles :mrgreen: ) j'ai fait un test en aveugle (ma chère et tendre switchait entre les deux sources) et strictement aucune différence. Je dirais même que la source dématérialisée est un poil meilleure que mon lecteur CD, principalement grâce au DAC séparé qui apporte plus "d'ouverture" de la scène sonore et de respect des timbres (bon...en même temps, à 1500 € le DAC, il a intêret à être bon :mrgreen: ).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 22 May 2012 11:48 

Je vois tout plein Elvyne en ce moment pour enregistrer l'album. C'est beau ! :)

Et puis Whyzdom apparait dans un bouquin sur l'anthologie du rock à chant féminin. Ca fait plaisir :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 3 Jun 2012 23:20 

Hu hu hu ! Je viens d'écouter en entier la nouvelle version du mix de Blind?. J'arrive maintenant à oublier de vérifier si tout sonne bien et juste à écouter pour le plaisir. Chouette !

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next