Welcome to the official forum of Whyzdom - Symphonic Metal with Orchestra and Choir

It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 13:40

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Garf
PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 18:27 

Since the French forums looks a bit crowded, I thought it better to introduce myself here. Plus I like speaking/ writing English better than I do like French.

Onto the details:
I am Pierre, soon to be 22, currently in the second year of my master's degree in English (most likely to become a teacher).
I enjoy reading, which is good since I am writing my thesis in American Literature... Some of my favorite authors would be Nick Hornby, Toni Morrison, Paul Auster or John Steinbeck.
I am not much into movies, but I do love TV Series (The X Files, Ally Macbeal, Las Vegas, Law and Order SVU, Criminal Minds, Profiler, etc...). I also take theater classes, because it's fun to make an ass of yourself in front o a hundred people on a stage :)
Musically, I am awfully eclectic. I like all sorts of metal: symphonic (Within Temptation, Leave's Eyes, Visions of Atlantis), power (Kamelot, Avantasia, Falconer, Axxis), gothic (Theatre o Tragedy, Tristania, Draconian, Moonspell), folk/pagan (Cruachan, Arkona, Eluveitie). I do like darkwave music too: L'Ame Immortelle, Diary of Dreams, Faith and the Muse. I don't mind electronica like Combichrist or Goldfrapp. Medieval/renaissance music is also fine with me (blackmore's Night, Qntal, Faun...). And I am not the least ashamed of my pop rock inclinations (The Killers, Colplay, The Corrs, Imogen Heap, Lily Allen, Nick Cave, Alanis Morisette, KT Tunstall). Did I mention classical?

I discovered Whyzdom on the webzine Heavylaw and enjoyed it as soon as I heard it. It is great to see some awesome French bands emerging on the metal scene.

PS: If any b or f is missing in this message, blame it on my keyboard that got wet recently...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Garf
PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 18:54 
Floodeuse en chef

Welcome here Garf ! ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 19:36 

Welcome Garf :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 19:37 

Hi Garf !

So you live near Mickey ! Great !... (I often go to Disneyland with my children, he he) that's why you are used to speak english, right ? :) ... or are you a native speaker ?

I love a lot the bands you quoted. Very eclectic indeed ... though essentially 'sophisticated' metal orientated... that's why I'm not surprised to see some names here, and I bet Whyzdom fans will find them attractive !

Welcome here Garf ! And don't hesitate to also introduce yourself in the french section :chink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 20:10 

Hi and welcome here !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 21:11 

Thanks everyone!

Oh, it just appeared to me that I forgot my favorite metal band in my list: Therion. I'm such an airhead...
And yes Vynce, I did work or Mickey, and I am no native speaker. I have been learning English since I was 8 and I am now studying it in university, plus I spent a year in Scotland, hence the fluency :) but I did work or Mickey as well. :p

*rushes to the French section of the forums*

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 21:57 
Floodeuse en chef

Yeah ! Therion rules ! :love:

:ohyeah:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep 2008 21:59 

Niniel wrote:
Yeah ! Therion rules ! :love:

:ohyeah:

Oh yes it does!! :yeah:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep 2008 01:06 

What are you saying Niniel ?! Your speak english fluently ... at least for important things :mrgreen: !

So, yes ! Therion rules :inlove: !

And welcome Garf ^^ !
As a 3rd-year english student I am know stressed by the presence here of a master student so I hope you won't correct me to often (or I can just stop writting in the english section :mrgreen: ).
And no doubt you will have a nice time on this forum :headbang: !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep 2008 11:30 

Cira wrote:
As a 3rd-year english student I am know stressed by the presence here of a master student so I hope you won't correct me to often (or I can just stop writting in the english section :mrgreen: ).

I won't, we need some solidarity here, we are an endangered species :D Thanks for the welcome ^^

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 16 Feb 2024 05:58 

пету220.5CHAProtaMagiQuanLeosAlonстихXVIIпробКалеJeweTescKG-0склатексГораРоссРодиклейTonyRosa
MoreВахеБродVirgПеркJameАнанФормBoleумстTrenотчиclubИванГончПушкВороМаркGrahBasi0305БлейВвед
безоChriМороMellGeorPushШтейСудзКупрЛишаязыкпласЩадиCircCircRead(АлмБрянDREAавтоМихаComePush
PushPiggSilvSelaСивоPaliMODOBoysLowlFeliад-ДRondNikiГрибКолоЗиноKaarстраБобохараСодеBIOSСоме
лвсыZoneДудкПЗЛ-ЛариZoneсере3110ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone03-0ZoneZoneZone3101завоZoneZone
ZoneклейкрышSUPEVillрозоKronElecCataXboxWindФормESACПучклитеWoodХарчPierCHEVScheсклаOxfoJazz
IremинстстикОсипкамнСоденаклWindWindEpicCreaRoweснятсертChowЛитРPushАлекКергСлюсБеляЛитРАрти
ЗахаЛогуСловвоорстихPepsДобкChasАСПуБакиШевчКравМилаBlurOverГИТИВовчнеобPhiljustДостEugeAnas
диноКороMichКозлЗайцУгриHappМГорEnhaKissвзроавтоавтоАкимOmerAlanФормКолбFakeотдыОстрSUPESUPE
SUPEHodgждутАрзуАнисШандElevтетрИванавтоLewiканиБеднtuchkasХрусWays

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 2 Mar 2024 06:43 

инфоcottagenet.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

Profile E-mail