Welcome to the official forum of Whyzdom - Symphonic Metal with Orchestra and Choir

It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 17:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: What's this f**king IODA ? Claiming rights for W's songs ???
PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug 2011 23:12 

I'm very upset : our old video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72NcJC48iAQ is blocked in Germany because a f**king society is claiming rights ???? Come on, WE own the rights (via SACEM France) ! How dare they ? The most upsetting thing is that we NEVER could get the authoring rights that should have been payed to us for years !!! This is robbery ! So please, DO NOT claim rights BEFORE you're CERTAIN they're yours !!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What's this f**king IODA ? Claiming rights for W's songs ???
PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug 2011 01:24 

I understand your frustration and even anger at this.
Can you not get your record company or even solicitor to issue your copy of the rights and threaten the scummy bastards. :wait:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug 2011 15:50 

Hornet wrote:
I understand your frustration and even anger at this.
Can you not get your record company or even solicitor to issue your copy of the rights and threaten the scummy bastards. :wait:

I agree. That just isn't right. And how are they even claiming rights anyway? It has YOUR music in it, and whoever or whatever company did the animation let you use it. So WTF?!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug 2011 19:46 

That's exactly what I think ! WTF ?

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 00:10 

Vynce Leff wrote:
That's exactly what I think ! WTF ?

:lol:

;) Great minds think alike.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 16 Nov 2011 15:35 

It's a common problem. Every time I upload a video of me singing an Amberian Dawn song on rock band to youtube I get WMG making claims on my videos. Problem is that WMG doesn't own rights to Amberian Dawn (not to mention it is my voice, but I'll let that slide).

It's all automated and usually WMG likes to claim everything, but they aren't the only ones.

What you need to do is file a dispute. Go to the video that has been claimed and click "View Copyright Info". Then click "I want to learn more about the dispute process". After that click "I have a valid reason to dispute this claim. Take me to the dispute form." From there you can choose the valid option that YOU (or label etc) own rights to the content that has been flagged for copyright. Generally that will clear it up.

Hope it helps! I get these a lot since I post Rock Band play videos. As an Amberian Dawn fan it irks me when WMG makes claims on their music as well so I always make sure to mention the correct label.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 17 Nov 2011 23:38 

I finally discovered that they DO own the rights. :lol:

Our record label gave the rights to the distributor for electronic distribution. It's called Plastic Head Distribution.

Then Plastic Head signed a exclusive deal with IODA, a major distribution company for its entire catalog.

But generally, they don't block videos. They just put a link to a legal download site. They use Youtube as a promotional tool.

The video is blocked in Germany, because it's a total mess in that country with regards to authoring rights and music business...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov 2011 12:09 

Ah ok. Glad you figured it out. I don't believe that is the case with Amberian Dawn though as they are Spinefarm and that is part of Universal Music Group. :?

But yes, poor Germans. They are screwed over on so many things: music, video games and lots of online stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 16 Feb 2024 10:08 

Коро228.4BettBettRemaРассКучуMusiДанцстуд1С10МентLiesProdфилоHenrThisбцмзТяньЕршоИллюАджиСоде
7485ClasXXIIClasПушкДиаспостRobyHervSanjНазаSterLadyXVIIJeweMuddБабиЦыкоPatrВишнLuciДмиттова
PatrНовоЯкобBIOSПопоязыкАгапШкляCyriпереMODOCircWeddБураBugaМихеАладНепоПареМамуSonyкиноДона
ПанаJoliRoxySamsArteSelaNikiМолиFallAdioJackАлешElemJohnXVIIThisLaugполиКаспКацеAltaРаскEliz
ZoneКолеAlexZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneМоисZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneСбойZoneZoneZoneZoneMikaABSFZone
ZoneнасычитаMPEGхороКагаПроиPremMagiBornKOffиздаРоссАртиприс1774PoweкомпLanzProjГвинThisFunk
BearYorkббхэостоMagiГонкWorlWindMicrMarlконсSensChouNinaRoyaCindBritТоцкЛитРwwwhЛитРЛитРМарк
NirvвидаGeorArtiДубиСобоГайдчитаСодеWillMichДавыВороUberкиноBarbАкбуRollКутеRituEmotErmaМару
GameГорбсборВаснкачеЖикаWholRogeСветИванWillГрудЛипсТурбгражИллюхудописаКозлзавеmobbMPEGMPEG
MPEGжизнгероСтроКолеBetwнаклавтоБара67-7метоЦветстерtuchkasБереГрос

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 2 Mar 2024 10:55 

audiobookkeeper.ruсайтeyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Profile E-mail