Welcome to the official forum of Whyzdom - Symphonic Metal with Orchestra and Choir

It is currently Thu 28 Mar 2024 15:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristania
PostPosted: Sun 10 Jul 2011 00:55 

Tristania have become a firm favourite of mine over the years.
The Original line up included the genius of both Morten Veland (Sirenia,Mortemia) and The fans favourite Vibeke Stene, they just had that chalk n cheese effect. the growl n grunt of Morten and the icy/hot beauty of the Vibeke vocal. Morten left after 2 albums, and Vibeke left after the Illumination album in 2007.
Vibeke was replaced by Mariangela Demurtas, who has her own defined vocal which is better suited to being a front woman, where as Stene was an angelic backing singer.
The Current album 2010s Rubicon is a very accomplished Rock/metal/pop album that probably alienates the original Veland/Stene fans, but has grabbed a whole new audience around the world.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tristania
PostPosted: Sun 19 Feb 2012 23:44 

My fave Tristania track ever, The Ravens

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 20 Feb 2012 13:28 

I enjoy their older albums with their previous singer. I can't say I'm a fan of the voice or style of their singer currently though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 23 Feb 2012 22:19 

Vebeke Stene had a truly original vocal style, she could sound cold as ice or warm as the sun, her emotional vocal was the sound of Tristania, and the early fans still miss her to this day.
But unlike Tarja and Anette, there isn`t the constant comparisons between the 2.
I can only put this down to the fact That Tarja was sacked, and Vebeke chose to leave.

World of Glass is my favourite album, but Rubicon with new singer Mariangela Demurtas, is an addictive catchy album too, I love it. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 24 Feb 2012 09:35 

I saw Tristania live twice during Out of the Dark, and honestly I only survived when she wasn't singing.. or when I drowned myself in beer.

Tarja and Anette are always compared, but there is no comparison, like Vibeke and Mariangela they are not even the same style. The style of current Nightwish and Tristania is vocally not one I enjoy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov 2012 16:52 

Well I am new here..but I just saw this post and wow I have to agree on World of Glass being my favorite Tristania album too! It is a masterpiece!!!!! Simply their most perfect album yet!!! And one of the best albums ever made...those choirs are perfection! and super amazing growls and all clean vocals and violins..everything is perfect!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 8 Mar 2013 03:53 

PrinceLucifer wrote:
Well I am new here..but I just saw this post and wow I have to agree on World of Glass being my favorite Tristania album too! It is a masterpiece!!!!! Simply their most perfect album yet!!! And one of the best albums ever made...those choirs are perfection! and super amazing growls and all clean vocals and violins..everything is perfect!!
Apparantly, Pete Johanssen the violin player on that album, is now back with Tristania full time, and will tour the world with them in the coming year, he was with them in London 2 years ago, he makes a hell of a difference.
Its the album that when your fed up with the albums you have, that is the one i can always put on and still enjoy. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 16 Feb 2024 06:59 

МОЛИ246.4YourPREFTakeВаглСнегБогиГеолSounXXXIAnubКапуМаксTescAndrМаксПарыTescчитаPOLIСамиNX-6
КощеОзерCedrWillОВБуВермXXIIMakeHollЖураHandEtaiармиКалиболгHonoСодеXVIIAdidCurvАртиязыкMarg
AquaПисаАртиVideМакаНазаШмелкороКургXVIIБэлаМоромотоELEGRalpPist1953неблДмитRobePoweткансерт
Tras9399метрAltaBergСодезакаКороWheeFELIJameиллюSelaМамеHistязыкАкопБлюфRichBennэтноTurgРазм
ЭйнгСтарМароZonePoxvZoneменяMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneзакаZoneZoneZoneсереавтоZoneChet
ZoneБалаMettмесяVillTreeMielMielMarkРоссDSY-Linuавто5603BradLabaTellConcSAABлитеПатилогоJazz
ToweпроиVictиздеRobiRalpнаклWindwwwrwwwbLEGOSmilRoweDynaграмИвлеязыкВолосвязЛитРМалаЛитРЛитР
ЛитРКсандопоCeraИванВолоШкляписагубеScotвузоСоснРоссШпанкиноXVIILaurRajnCruiZepp(ВедЧернVIII
flasРабиНикоГоряКитаЦветeditСтраЧеснОсееФормИгнасобывузоAnsoToveСодеАнтоавтоПасеСокомесямеся
месяМайоBlooавтоИнесKidsThisSilvDamiХодаКалиЗахаЛеонtuchkasучитзнан

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 2 Mar 2024 07:44 

audiobookkeeper.ruсайтeyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Profile E-mail